Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One Good Deed

So tonight was pretty insane I'm not even gonna lie. I went to go hang out with Jordan and Jeff which was pretty fun. We watched Kungfu Panda which was hilarious! We couldn't stop laughing. But that's not the insane part of course. At 9:40 pm I hopped in my car to travel home. 20 minutes was the perfect amount of time to meet my very strict 10:00 curfew. On my way home Shelby called me to tell me about her date. By the time I was about 5 minutes away from home I was stopped at a 4 way stop. The car at the stop sign to my right started honking at me. I disregarded it and kept driving. The car followed me honking the entire way. I was starting to freak out because by this time I was pulling up to the gate outside my community and the car was still following me. Luckily I had one of my smarter moments and didn't open the gate for creepo to get in and follow me home. The strange car pulled up next to me and rolled down there window. I leaned over and rolled mine down. I found a lady in the car next to me bawling her eyes out and looking quite disstressed. Then in her new york accent she choked out the words "I'm lost!" Apparently she had just moved here with her family from New York. Her daughter was stranded at Centennial HS and she didn't know where that was. Well I'm street retarded and didn't know either, but Shelby was there to save the day. I handed her the phone (which she handed to her son because she sad she was too upset to be on a phone) and Shelby gave directions. The poor kid looked like he was listening to giberish. Even though I'm sure Shelby gave them awesome directions they had no idea where to go so the lady asked if she could follow me down there. At this point it was 9:59 but I decided to take advantage of the situation and do a good deed. The lady had a hard time following me though, she said she couldn't see because she forgot her glasses and she only had one working head light. Also, I don't think she realized the 215 was a freeway, that or her car was topping out at 40, because she drove from bradley to durango going 35. On the way there my mom and Shelby scared me into thinking the lady was scamming me and I was going to get kidnapped. So I freaked out once again and started telling Shelby my last words. I really did this you can ask her and everything. Well the lady found her way and before I bid her farewell she said, "Thank you so much for helping me you're such a sweetheart...I'll never watch CSI again!" I'm not sure what CSI had to do with anything but she seemed happy enough to have found her daughter and I bet she'll never forget how to get to Centennial.

One last thing. When the lady was first explaining to me what was going on she apologized for scaring me by honking and then said ,"In New York if someone honks everyone stops to help, but I guess it's not like that here."

Honestly people we should be ashamed of ourselves. Think about the last time you were honked at and how you reacted. I know that the last time someone honked at me it was because they were pissed and it actually was followed by the driver flipping me off. It used to be that people would honk just to say hi, but now the only time we honk is when we're pissed off at someone. Personally I don't honk hardly ever. My reflexes are to slow to think about slamming onmy brake AND honking a horn so i usually only honk my horn to wave at the missionaries. But seriously, there is so much evil and corruption in the world. I mean my first thought tonight was immediately bad. I'm not saying that we need to trust every person we come in contact with (cuz let's face it there are bad people out there) but maybe if we looked for the good before the bad the world would be a little happier.

All I know is I'm gonna get a great night sleep after my little good deed. And Shelby should get one too for the help! I couldn't have gotten to Centennial without her!! Night all : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you deleted it.. oh yeah and your word verification thing is dirty..
it says fluck.

gross

Beezy said...

yes i deleted it cuz im a bit fatty fat chicken and im having a bad "boy day" im getting really irritated actually..but basically its for no reason..this is my worrying thing that i do..what the crap i have serious problems..hahah fluck..it changes everytime so the fact that you got that word must be a sign