Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy

Lately this has been the only thing i've been feeling. Just happy. I have so much to be grateful for and so many reasons to be happy. I had a great Christmas and I was able to give my mom a good Christmas which is really all I wanted this year. I have amazing friends and I'm so glad I met them. I look back on the person I was and often wonder where I'd be if I had never come back to the church. For all I know I could've ended up pregnant at 17 and dropping out of high school. But I didn't. I have a new group of friends that are unlike any people I've ever known. I've never felt so surrounded by love. My mom is starting to come back into the church and that makes me happy. I went from thinking I would have none of my family there to share my wedding day with me to having my mother, my strongest support system and my best friend, taking the steps to be able to go to the temple with me. Tomorrow I'm going to be 18 and as I remeber my sixteenth birthday only 2 years ago I think of how my life has changed. I have millions of reasons to be happy and thankful and that's exactly what I am.

No comments: