Sunday, April 26, 2009

Though we are commanded to love one another and it is not our decision to choose who we will and won't forgive I think we have the choice to choose who we want in our lives. Unfortunately there are just some people out there that you clash with. It seems like every step of the way there's confrontation. In cases like these its always just easier to accept that person for who they are and let them go. I have found this to be very effective. I forgive the hardships we faced and I have forgoteen them but that does not change our relationship.

Aside from that realization nothing has really been going on lately. I have a job interview at the Wynn Monday at 2. This will be my 3rd interview and most people I've talked to about it think I've got the job which is AWESOME! I've also realized I might be too competitve. When I was younger and totally invovled with soccer I had a nasty habit of running the other girls down. Seriously. I would grab and pull and tear until they fell to the ground and I had the ball. This suprises a lot of people because I hit like a girl and I'm basically a panzy but trust me friends if I get pissed enough you're goin down. Anyways when I was 13 I stopped playing soccer until I was a freshmen. Not far into the season my position was changed and i found myself getting even more competitive. Now instead of being closer to our offensive goal I was on the defensive side and aside from the goalie the last feildsman to stop the opposing team from scoring. During one game another competetive player on the opposite team got a little pushy and I ended up shoving her into the goal post. Nice right. I know. My mom told me thatnight that she thought the old Alix was gone but apparently she wasn't. In fact, I was 10 times worse than I had been when I was younger. A few nights ago Chey and I decided to play a card game in which he killed me at. After the 2nd game I was so irritated that a few cuss words slipped. The next day at work a friend asked me if Chey was competetive. I laughed saying, "maybe but I'm so competetive I think it makes him look pretty mellow." Apparently this is a problem. I should try working on it!!!!

Anyways I'll keep you posted on what happens with the job.

1 comment:

Shelby Lou said...

I think you should have told me about what happened. I would have loved to know, from you.

I also think that by forgiving someone which we are all required to do... we give them a clean slate. Because heavenly father wont remember those things you did after you have been "forgiven" of them.

I know it sucks and it hurt you and the situation was horrible. But it doesn't mean that you have to be best friends with that person. You just have to respect them, and love them as a friend because everyone deserves love. Even when they don't "deserve" it to the worlds standards.

Also... you have a reason to be angry. You are hurt. You want to be happy, and you are. This person didn't seem happy for you and that is where they went wrong. Which is dumb.

I LOVE YOU. and I'm sorry if this seems like i am taking sides. I'm not. I'm just giving out my neutral opinion. Because I know both sides of the story, now.