Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year New Me

The end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 have come together to help me see the kind of person I'm becoming. Not only that, but I've started to realize that kind of control I have over my life. Already in 2009 I have quit my job and been much happier because of it, realized I really don't need a loan for school, opened a checking account, and started on a lot of my resolutions such as working out more, not sleeping my days away, and being more involved in the gospel with my family. Today is day 2 of me waking up at the butt crack of dawn and not going back to sleep. I don't know how long this new phase will last but for now I'm getting tons done. Yesturday I got up and made home-made chocolate chip waffles that were AMAZING! Then I got some stuff figured out for UNLV (which if I had slept till noon wouldn't have gotten done). Then I ran down to my mom's school, reapplied for Deseret Indutries, picked up my last paycheck from Aliante, picked up my brother from school, deposited my check (but did not cash it and blow it..go me), made my first payment to UNLV, took a quick 1 hour nap, made dinner, hung out with Chey and my family, GOT A NEW CALLING! Got the crap kicked out of me at cards, planned FHE, then dozed off. WOW. Look what happens when Alix gets up early!!



Ok so back to the Cap lettered part about my calling. So like I said before Chey came over last night. He then told me he was called to primary. Of course I'll basically use any excuse to make fun of him so I gave him the usual..Oh those poor kids..blah blah blah. You can fill in the blanks, I'm pretty predictable so you can probably guess what I was saying. Seriously like 5 minutes later my phone rang. I ran to go answer it and it was someone from the bishopric, they were making their rounds and wanted to stop by so I said Hells ya come over (haha I didn't use those words tho) SOOO basically I thought for sure I was going to be asked to give a talk on something. Not my favorite thing to do, but whatever. When they got to my house they asked me if I would serve in the primary! WTF people. You would think I would learn my lesson. Honestly anytime I tease someone about something I end up going through it. I had to learn that lesson the hard way when I made fun of Blair for getting a ticket and then got pulled over 3 days later. No apparently I can't even tease Chey about being called to primary without God sending someone to my door to call me to primary too! Honestly. I think I'm really going to enjoy this calling, what I didn't enjoy was having to sit next to Chey, listening to them tell me the details, while he's trying to hold in his laughter!! Oh goodness.



Anyways, so yes this morning I'm up early again. I've already eaten more chocolate chip waffles from my left over batter, checked facebook (1 notification after being off all day yesterday..thanks people lol), and I'm in the process of blogging. Here's what else I have planned for today:




  1. Workout

  2. Clean room

  3. Laundry

  4. Make Shopping list (since I'm jobless for the time being my mom has decided I have to cook! I'll just make all my favorites and then she'll never want me to cook for a week straight again hehehe)

  5. Run to Kohls to get my mom jeans

  6. Go to Albertsons for groceries

  7. Go to Walmart for school supplies

  8. Pick up my brother from school (Just kidding cuz he ditched..what a ditcher..at least be smart and don't ditch to stay home..that's no fun..ditch and go to the mall or SOMETHING)

  9. Try to wash the nasty nasty dye smell out of my hair

  10. Make dinner

  11. FHE (that my brother is doing...my mom's evil plan to get him to go back to church)

  12. And SOMEWHERE in my busy day find time to see Mr. Amazing

So kinda busy, not too bad though. Hopefully I get everything done. I should be able to do everything in that order, except for 12. That I'll fit in anywhere. Speaking of Mr. Amazing. Yesterday while running errands (errands meaning going to Dairy Queen to pick of ice cream for dinner..that's what happens when I plan meals) I was listening to my handy dandy IPod and a song that I haven't really listened to in a while came on. It's by Relient K and its called Must've Done Something Right. So then I came home and looked up the music video and found something AMAZING!! This song was made for me I swear. Right down to the kick ace music video..but it reminded me of him so ya (remember I'm a lyric person when it comes to songs)...Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkkfntmUTU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot.. come see your best friend who you haven't seen in over a week! :/ sad....