Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Was Pondering

I realized something yesterday! I was sitting at Shelby's looking for a recipe to make for dinner. She got on a blog of a person that she has started to admire. I haven't read this girl's blog but from what I hear she is a pretty amazing person. I started to think about the blog's that Shelby and I have started lurking and wondered why we stalk them. They're lives are interesting and they are awesome people. I was sitting there reading a blog the other day when I started thinking about the things I could do that would make me seem as awesome as some of the people I blog stalk. Then I realized. In the blogging world we often look for inspiring stories that other people tell that inspire us to do something amazing with our lives. However, we rarely think about who could be blog stalking us. The internet is a big place and though it might not be apparent to us there is probably someone out there who is reading our blogs and thinking, "Wow this person is amazing! I wish I could do something to be more like them." We often look to other's and want to live there lives or do something comparable with ours. But how often do we think about the effect we have on other people. Instead of looking at other people and how much more awesome they are than us we should look more at ourselves and see our lives for what they really are: Awesome. I'm not saying that we shouldn't look to other people for inspiration, because more often than not others influence us to do amazing things with our lives. All I'm saying is as you read someone else's blog and think to yourself: Why can't my life be like their's? realize that just as you are admiring their blog, someone is admiring yours and you are effecting their life to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

psh... no one reads my blog.


hahahaha

i got you sista