Sunday, October 12, 2008

Life

It's funny how life works: we come, we experience, we leave. There are so many sayings and phrases that make life out to be the bad guy (Ex. Life sucks and then you die.) But every once in a while someone comes along and sees the beauty and the blessings of life. Every second of every day is a new chance to something amazing. Each day is a new opportunity to become a better person than you were yesterday. Even the most optimistic people have moments where they forget how much of a blessing life is. I recently forgot that life was a blessing. I could tell, my family could tell, and my friends could tell that the past weeks I haven't been a bundle of joy. I've cried and pondered what I've done wrong to end up here. True I don't have cancer, and my family is well, and I have amazing friends, but in a 17 year old's life loosing a car is pretty dramatic. Not having a car has (to be honest) been nothing but in inconvienance on me and pretty much anyone I'm really close with. I even have to ride a bike to work tomorrow. But then I realized I lucked out. Yes i was in an accident and yes I am currently (but not permanently) carless, however, I am blessed with a new job not only extremely close to my house but also with a bigger salary which will make it possible for me to save for a car and my new house. The light bulb finally came on for me today. Everything will be ok. Of course it will. We were put on this planet to experience the joys along with the hardships. After all, without the hardships how would we know when to appreciate that gounod things. And isn't it comforting to know that we are never given a challenge we can not over come. Earlier this week a friend and I took a trip down memory lane and visited childhood. I unfortunately didn't have a picture perfect childhood and my friend tried to sympathise with me. What my friend didn't know is tho my childhood was different I see it as a blessing everyday. It made me the person I am, it opened my eyes, and it helped me set the concrete values that have always been a part of my life. Becuase of my childhood I can make sure that my children never have to deal with the same issues. And for that I am eternally grateful. My life has only just begun..in the grand scheme of things I am only a baby. I can't wait to see how my life turns out. I can't wait to follow the plan that has been laid out for me. I then when I have experienced all that life has to offer me I will return to my Father. "Yeah when I get where I'm going,there'll be only happy tears.I will shed the sins and struggles,I have carried all these years.And I'll leave my heart wide open,I will love and have no fear.Yeah when I get where I'm going,Don't cry for me down here."

No comments: