Monday, October 27, 2008

Good Things Come To Good People

So tonight work was rewarding..but not in the typical way..tonight i did my job..as well as the jobs of the servers and the bus boys..i polished silverware, restocked, bussed tables, sat guests, greeted customers, cleaned high chairs..i even went all the way down to the break room to get a customer milk cuz we ran out in the kitchen. Now i did not do all these things to get tips or anything..i was just going my job and helping the people around me. Suprisingly i was tipped out by one of the servers. I call her my favorite cuz she's such a sweetheart. It wasn't suprising she tipped me..like i said she's a sweetheart..but it was suprising that she was the one to tip me..i did the least amount of work for her. But i left work with a happy heart..because i did something not for money..but simply to make my coworkers lives a little less stressful on a busy night. For all i know the other servers might not have been able to afford to tip me out. And they all thanked me numerous times. We are taught to serve others and do it with willingness and an open heart and that is what I did. I got to leave work happy..with happy coworkers..knowing i did a good job..and with an extra few dollars in my pocket :)

No comments: